Friday, April 6, 2012

Bake 52: Tres Leches Cake


I have heard of this cake before, though I have never actually tried it. For that reason, I was excited to try this recipe. I too had problems with the sweetened condensed milk. It over-flowed all over my brand-new microwave :-(   and got really thick and kinda curdled (which I am pretty sure it's not supposed to do). Seeing as I (nor my neighbors) had any more sweetened condensed milk (and not wanting to run to the store mid-project) I opted to use it anyway because it tasted kind of like a chewy caramel.
In the end, the cake was amazing! Husband and neighbor both savored it and were begging for more! (or, at least my husband was).

You can get the recipe here at Amanda's Blog.

5 comments:

  1. It looks perfect, so glad you guys liked it! I think that caramel step was kind of a weird one for everyone, but totally worth it (maybe). I guess you had to christen the microwave sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! So glad you baked with us this round. We really liked it too. And my caramel made a mess in our microwave too... although ours isn't new. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited you joined us, Jaime! My milk boiled over in the microwave too, argh! Your cake looks awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good Jaime!! So glad you're baking with us!

    ReplyDelete